GOOGLE ANALYTICS CAN HELP YOU BETTER UNDERSTAND:
– Who they are
-Where they live
– How they found you
– What actions they take on your site
– How fast it is
– How well it converts
– How many visitors it has
– How well optimized it is for different browsers and screens
– How you stack up against your competition
– Benchmark data
– How to improve your SEO & rank higher in search
TO SET UP GOOGLE ANALYTICS FOR YOUR WEBSITE:
1. Visit the Google Analytics homepage at
2. Follow the steps to confirm your website.
3. Paste the Google Analytics tracking code in the source code of your website.
HERE ARE SOME IMPORTANT METRICS TO TRACK:
AUDIENCE > DEMOGRAPHICS> OVERVIEW
Do these match the demographics of your target audience?
ACQUISITION > OVERVIEW
This shows how users find your website. Which channels are sending more users to your site?
AVG SESSION DURATION
AUDIENCE > OVERVIEW This shows how engaging your site is. Shoot for a session duration between 2-4 minutes.
PAGE LOAD TIMES
BEHAVIOR > SITE SPEED > OVERVIEW
This can impact your SEO. Aim for a page load time under 3 seconds.
AUDIENCE > OVERVIEW
A “bounce” is when a user visits your site and leaves right away. This can affect your ranking on search engine results.
AUDIENCE > BENCHMARKING
Choose your industry to see how your website stacks up against your competition.