Do the various types of SEO confuse you? Well don’t fret! Every different
This kind of SEO is far from being its very own branch of science. In general, each type gets categorized by related strategies or tactics performed on something that in and of itself changes (think: website pages, blog posts target audience locale, or something like that. The below 7 types are for small businesses to be aware of as they begin to improve upon SEO
1.WHITE HAT SEO
– In a nutshell, when thinking of SEO you most likely think of things like keyword research, optimizing content, adding meta descriptions, improving page speed, etc. Well, those types of strategies are known as White Hat SEO.
2.BLACK HAT SEO
– Black Hat is a type of SEO that you want to avoid altogether. It consists of malicious techniques and strategies that try to “outsmart” search engines to rank higher. Examples of Black Hat strategies: keyword stuffing, cloaking, or sneaky redirects.
3. ON-PAGE SEO
– On-Page SEO revolves around optimizing things on a webpage, blog post, or something similar. In other words, On-Page SEO deals with any controllable element on a website that can get edited or optimized. Think of easy website navigation, optimized images, quality content, etc.
– Global SEO (AKA: International SEO) focuses on targeting visitors from different countries, regions, or demographics. For example, some sites are formatted to adjust language settings based on where their visitor lives automatically. So, adding hreflang tags to a website could be considered Global SEO.
5. LOCAL SEO
– If a small business is trying to improve its online visibility in a specific locale, then it should consider Local SEO strategies. Some strategies to get started: ensure business name, address, and telephone number are consistent on the website, and ALL social media profiles and register/verify the business on search engines.
6. OFF-PAGE SEO
– Think of Off-page SEO as a way to help optimize online visibility via pages that you don’t control – in a White Hat kind of way! Examples
page SEO strategies: legit link building, social media visibility via social media marketing, getting REAL reviews, and press releases.
7. TECHNICAL SEO
– Technical SEO is, well, the more technical strategies to take on a website toward optimizing it so that search engines can crawl it better. Examples: improve website speed, get an SSL certificate, fix broken links, make it mobile-friendly, and have a Sitemap.